Monday, August 24, 2009

Look Out World...Here We Come

It's official, we now have two kindergartners in our house. Actually school started about a week ago and it really has not been bad. We registered them back in July and then they went to a week of Kindergarten Kamp-which they loved. I have been meaning to blog about this before but I thought I needed some time to reflect and maybe even calm down a little. You see, when we registered them for school I was asked if we wanted them in the same class or separate classes(Mark- I hear the groans of not this story again-so I will make this short). Since the kids have not been separated for longer than a trip to Wal Mart since they were born (that right BORN-they are 5 years old) I thought the transition would be easier to be together. Of course, they got in separate classes. I was upset-much more than anyone else in the house. I just felt like my opinion was completely overlooked.
On the first day of school, we went to drop the kids off and they did GREAT! They loved their classroom and were very excited to be back in school. They hugged us bye and sent us out the door. I have to admit there were more than a few kids who were crying HARD at being left by Mom and Dad and I walked out thanking the good Lord above that mine were not two of them. This is such an exciting time for them, so I have decided to embrace it. I will ask the question-why are all the wonderful and exciting milestones in their lives so difficult for me? I guess part of being a parent is to give them roots and wings. But do they have to grow up SO fast. Baby steps is all I'm asking for. Oh,well...when Mark picked them up from school, they were so excited and could not wait to tell us all about their first day. They have not minded at all being in separate classes and to be honest they are actually excited to see each other in the evening. The following picture shows that maybe separate classes are not such a bad idea..........

2 comments:

  1. I just love this picture! I am so glad that they are enjoying school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are adjusting mom!:) Love the pic!

    ReplyDelete