Friday, April 24, 2009

Changes

I LOVE sunny days like today. Days where you don't need even a light jacket to walk into work and the sun is shining so bright you need your sunglasses right when you hit the front door. Because of this I had no reason to think that today was going to be one of those off days-not bad just I can't believe I did that days. It started as I was driving to work. I am one of those people who take the same route everyday and never deviate my path and because of that I'm not the most observant-I see the same things to and from work. So there has been a sign saying that a section of the road would be closed on Wednesday and Thursday and please find an alternate route. Fine no problem. Wednesday no problem, I remembered coming out of our subdivision. Today however I really was not paying attention and I was driving a long my normal route and thought there is something off, kept driving, then BAM it hit me, there are no other cars on the road. I drove right up to the construction-didn't remember a thing about the road being closed. Have you ever had 13 construction workers all stop what they are doing only to shake their heads and laugh at you. Oh well, at least it was sunny and I got to wear my cute new sunglasses.

I have a question that I really need some feedback on. Is Spongebob Squarepants REALLY as bad as I think it is? Matthew and Gracie have been telling Mark and I for months that of the 14 kids in their class that they are the only ones who not allowed to watch it. When they were younger it seemed too advanced for them. The language and subject matter but now that they are a little older and understand more, I am wondering is it really that bad? So, please give some feedback. If your kids watch Spongebob, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl
    We do not watch sponge bob either... we do not watch it because it is not educational, does not teach good values or good morals, and is not honoring to God. My boys know that is why we do not watch it and they seem ok with that...

    Just remember, we are called to be different, and sometimes that includes what we watch or do not watch... hope that helps!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an adult, I have always loved the Spongebob character. His naive innocence and the random fact that he lives in a pineapple at the bottom of the sea!! I haven't watched it in a long time, but I watched it yesterday just for you and through a mother's eye. There are a lot of good things about Spongebob. He loves his job, he hates being tardy, he's neat and generally loves people. He does things with lots of enthusiasm and joy. Children love this about him. Things don't usually go well for his greedy, rude, and slothful friends, and Even on his really bad days, he learns that even he has a temper and things don't go well when he gives in to it. There are lots of teaching moments available if you choose to watch it with your kids......

    I say all this to point out that there are other things to watch that honor God and there are of course certainly worse things to watch. It is a decision that you must make for yourself, but JR will NOT be watching Spongebob!! These are just my thoughts on the matter. Stick to your guns girl and take the path "less common".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl....they didn't have sponge bob when Andrea was little (I don't think)!
    Pray about it and talk it out with your honey.... Communication even with small things is the key.
    Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete