Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Daddy's Girl

This is my sweet and sassy girl, Gracie (Graciebug to her daddy). One thing you have to know about Gracie is that she LOVES her daddy and her daddy LOVES her. She is the only person that Mark will let fix his hair (complete with pink color streaks),fix his face (an entire array of make-up) and paint his toenails (they both agree that hot pink is his color). I do have to admit that this angel has been known to get her Uncle Marty in on the nail salon practice.It really is cute. Gracie is all girl and recently added stylist to Mom to her list of accolades-she will let me know when she doesn't think I am "super cute and everyone will love you". Now, recently I have noticed a bit of, for lack of better word, Mark coming out in her. Like, her loving to eat at the Waffle House and sitting thru an entire Cubs game, with Mark and Matthew,only to get up at the end and sing "Go Cubs Go, Hey Chicago what do you say, the Cubs are gonna win today" at the top of her lungs while dancing around the living room. It sounds like I don't love this but that is very far from the truth. I have a number of things that I am thankful for with this:

*That she has her Dad in her life and that he loves her enough to play beauty shop with her. She may not realize how special that is but she will one day.

*That a date to Waffle House with Daddy makes her entire week. Again she may not realize what a gift this is but she will one day

*That she has Friday night living room cot & movie night-who knew sleeping on the floor could be so much fun

*Her interests are wide and varied-dance, baseball, beauty, and barbies and laughing (she LOVES to laugh)

*That she has loves her brother enough to cheer him on at his Dodger games and he loves her enough to help her with Ballet.

*That I can see her Pops sassiness, PaPaw's sweetness, Nana's kindness and MeMe's generosity in her more everyday


I have been so blessed by having these precious people in my life. They all love and support each other unconditionally. It is amazing and it just gets better all the time.

3 comments:

  1. The things I do when my little one says "PLEASE DADDY!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest post! I loved it!
    Thanks for the comments!
    Have a Fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Cubs Go!!!! That is so sweet......
    I am a daddy's girl, but I don't remember ever getting to play beauty shop with him!! funny!

    ReplyDelete