Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Guess Who? aka Peanut Butter and Gum

Tonight-Everything is quiet, the kids are settled in and Mark and I are flipping between the Cubs and USM baseball and chatting about our day and schedules for the weekend and week coming up-this is my favorite time of day, mainly because I have my man's undivided attention-when I hear a bedroom door open and out comes a little Windham. Now, this precious child comes and stands directly in front of me and as I am asking why they are not a sleep, I notice this green streak going from the crown of their head to the top of their forhead. I also happen to notice, as I am about to bust out laughing, GUM in their mouth. Like a lightbulb going off, it hits me, it's 3days before Easter AND this child has to be in a wedding in about 4 weeks. This child will not recover from cutting this gum out in that amount of time, so a HAIRCUT IS NOT AN OPTION! So I begin to think, how am I going to get this gum out of this beautiful red hair. I remember that my own mom(being the smart woman she is) used peanut butter to get gum out when I was a kid. So, off to the kitchen we go, where I slathered my kids head up. Please remember that I have a child who is VERY emotional ( ok actually-bawling their eyes out hysterically)because 1.they think they are in BIG trouble(they are supposed to be a sleep and for sure NOT CHEWING GUM BEFORE BEDTIME) 2.their entire top half of their head is covered in an edible food product that mom puts on crackers and sandwiches. So I rub,they cry and I rub, they cry and I rub, they cry and I rub some more they cry harder. After about 20 minutes, what do you know, that gum came right out. It was really cool! Now comes the hard part, getting the child to calm down enough to play hair salon to wash out the peanut butter. When they finally realized that the water spout in the kitchen sink was not going to drown them, they actually loved getting their hair washed in the sink. End result: beautifully clean and suprisingly shiny red hair.

Now here is the part that I would like your help-Can you guess which Windham kid this was? All you have to do is leave a comment-Matthew or Gracie?

7 comments:

  1. I vote it was Gracie... being so upset :)
    but regardless, glad that it came out and you did not have to cut it:) for either one of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Gracie too. I am so glad it came out! One day they will look back on this and laugh as hard as I am right now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! I have no clue, but I do have to say that i REALLY enjoyed your story! Your kids are precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness it wasn't me. Who knew a boy could be so dramatic. It was Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great story! It was good to see you yesterday! I was gonna vote gracie........I know....I know......my time is coming!

    ReplyDelete