Thursday, February 19, 2009

Baseball season and Flip-Flops

Today Shelby Academy won the 1A State Basketball Championship-Congrats to the Raiders. I have to admit the main reason I am so excited is because now we can BRING ON BASEBALL! Baseball is my favorite season. For those of you who know me know that I am married to not only a baseball coach but an all around sports FANATIC! He doesn't just enjoy participating and watching sports, it is his PASSION(especailly his beloved Cubbies). This is one of the many things I love about him. The thing is sports is not really my passion. Have you ever heard love comes softly, well the love of sports snuck up on me. Now don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy sports especially baseball. I love the entire season. I love watching it on television, sitting out at the ballpark in my flip flops on sunny days, watching my man do his thing on the field, seeing Mark sharing the love of the game with our son, oh I could go and on. Baseball season starts at our house on February 24th. On this date we will begin our journey to get to the State Championship for the 5th straight year and I will become a baseball widow, the thing is I really don't mind as a matter of fact I am excited about it. So Bring on Baseball Season and Go Raiders!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I guess you know that the pitchers and catchers have already reported for spring training!! Alan informed me so. Go Cubbies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching the news this week and they did a close up on this guy who was jumping around, hollaring, and lifting a basketball player in the air. Then I realized it was Mark! Yes, I could see his PASSION for sports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God love you....you're a better wife than most.

    ReplyDelete