Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Welcome to Dodgertown......




This past Saturday, we took Matthew to his Little League tryouts. He was drafted by the Dodgers! When we looked up the Dodgers on the internet-to see what their uniform looked like, on their website they had WELCOME TO DODGERTOWN-apparently Matthew thought that was really cool and started saying he lived in LA Dodgertown-forget little league he is going straight to the big leagues. Fast forward to tonight when he had his first practice. There are about 12 very excited boys on this team and when we got there the coach divided the boy into 3 groups (working on swing or cage work as a certain good lookin' coach says, fielding and actual batting practice). After all the boys had finished with everything, they gathered at home plate and started running. Why is this important you ask-well Matthew starts out running really good but when he rounds third base he decides it will be a "super duper rally ooper" cool thing to belly-flop, oh I mean slide into home plate. I know those pants will never be the same but I have to admit it really was cute. When he got up he asked his coach, that was so cool can we run again. WOW, that is something you will not hear his sister say. Off they went again followed by a run down the first baseline to the foul post across the outfield to other foul post and up the third base line. There were 12 Dodgers dragging up the third base line. I have to admit to you that I LOVE being a ballpark mom and am thanking God that he likes it as well.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.
-Ecclesiastes 3:1

3 comments:

  1. I can picture Matthew sliding into home plate as I was reading this cute post! I love reading the stories of your family. Cherish each moment and enjoy!
    Sweet Blessings,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear the "Super Duper Alley Ooper" announcement now... What a cutie! I heard all about the dodgers this week and how excited he was. I've even been invited to practices! I did promise to come to a game, so let me know when they're playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those pics and the cute story! I know you just love watching those precious moments!

    ReplyDelete